Carrots seeds which date back to 2000-3000 BC are the versatile root vegetables on this planet as they come in an array of vivid colors like purple, red, white, black and yellow.
It is mostly found in Switzerland and Germany so, in this modern world, everyone talks about the concentrated nutrition and if you’re the nutrients freaks then, carrot juice will be your best bet as it contains Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Biotin, Molybdenum, Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B1, Manganese, Pantothenic acid and well known for its beta-carotene content but more than the beta carotene carrot juice has more antioxidants. Carrot juice is extremely nutritious, and it can combine with other vegetables for a refreshing and healthy drink.
Carrot juice is filled with the best nutrient goodness that gives most of the live enzymes present in it and concentrated nutritional benefits will boost your wellbeing. Carrot juice will add micro-nutrients to diet more easily. Let’s see it benefits then we will go straight to the guide.
- 0.1 Health Benefits Of Carrot Juice
- 0.2 Anticancer Benefits
- 0.3 Boost Eye Health
- 0.4 Cardiovascular Benefits
- 0.5 How To Select Carrots For Juicing
- 0.6 Dangers Of Juicing Carrots
- 1 Step by Step Guide on How To Prepare Carrot Juice
Health Benefits Of Carrot Juice
The following are the benefits of carrot juice. So take a look at it! But make sure you make sure you know the fresh juice basics before making the juice.
Carrot has polyacetylenes inhibits the growth of colon cancer cells. Also contains large amounts of antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and protects the body against cancer.
Boost Eye Health
Women who take at least two carrots per week have lower rates of glaucoma as glaucoma damages the optic nerve due to the excess pressure inside, but the phytonutrients present in carrot seeds reduce the risk of cataracts and enhance eye health. Thus, the Vitamin A prevents night blindness which can lead to permanent blindness.
Carrots contain the unique phytonutrients and antioxidants which promote cardiovascular health. Hence the nutrients in carrots lower cholesterol and increase bile production. Carrot juice has a direct effect on healthy cholesterol levels that promote heart health.
How To Select Carrots For Juicing
You should buy carrots that are firm, smooth, straight and bright in color because brightness determines the beta carotene content of the carrots.
- Avoid excessively cracked or forked carrots.
- Buy carrots with cores that have a larger diameter as it will be sweeter and sugars will be concentrated in the basics.
- You can store the carrots in the refrigerator and wrap it in a paper towel or put it in plastic bags.
- The best will be organic carrots that grow in the soil and absorb the toxins and pesticides in it.
Dangers Of Juicing Carrots
Do remember that carrot juice should not be the primary vegetables in your diet as it contains less dietary fiber and due to the high levels of beta-carotene intake it can cause yellowish skin color. Also, there is a potential risk of developing vitamin A toxicity.
Step by Step Guide on How To Prepare Carrot Juice
Carrot juice is rich nutrition to your diet that will be perfect for a busy person who prefers a healthy way of living. So try the excellent recipe which is quick and easy to prepare, and today I am going to share about are the six variations of making carrot juice. You can choose anyone for yourself but, you can use your creativity and add some stunning healthy additions.
Method 1: Carrot Juice In A Blender or Food Processor
- Take at least 5 carrots, clean it under running water then peel them and cut off the head attached to the plant.
- Now use a vegetable brush to scrub carrot but if it is organic carrots then wash them.
- After cleaning cut the carrots into manageable portions so that it will prevent blender/food processor from getting damaged, cut it into one to two-inch chunks.
- You have to add the chunks of carrots into the food processor/blender and pour small amounts of water so that carrots remain moist to make a puree.
- Now you have to boil 1 cup of water then pour into the glass and add the puree then stir it.
- After that, you can keep the mixture of carrot puree and hot water for 15-20 minutes as it will boost its nutrient properties.
- After 15/20 minutes, you can strain the juice through a hand strainer and press the pulp with a spoon to get the remaining juice.
- You can add orange juice it will increase the taste and makes it delicious. (optional step)
- Now, you can serve in the glass to enjoy all those live enzymes in the carrot juice, top it off with a sprig of mint to add color.
Method2: Carrot Juice In A Juicer
- You have to take at least 5-6 carrots and wash them in clean water.
- After washing it, you can scrape the outer skin if you like, but if it is organic carrots then, you have to rinse with clean water.
- Now put the carrots in a juicer after that transfer the fresh carrot juice in a glass.
- So now, you can enjoy your healthy carrot juice!
Method 3: Carrot Juice With Lemon And Ginger
- You need 5 carrots and wash the carrots and scrape the outer skin.
- After washing and scraping the carrot, take a 1-inch piece of ginger and clean it.
- After that, fresh lemon and add the carrots into the juicer.
- Now add the ginger and lemon into the juicer.
- After that, you can transfer the juice into a glass then serve chilled and enjoy immediately.
Method 4: Carrot Apple, Ginger Juice With Lemon
- You can take at least 5 carrots then clean them in water.
- After cleaning it, take an apple, ginger, and lemon then wash them in water.
- Once done, add carrots into the juicer then collect the juice in a bowl.
- Now cut the apple into 1-inch pieces and add the apples into the juicer.
- After that, add the ginger and lemon then transfer the juice into a shaker then add some ice.
- If you don’t have a shaker then, stir with a spoon and shake well.
Method 5: Carrot Celery Juice
- Take 5 carrots and 2 celery stalks then, wash them in clean water.
- Now put the carrots in the juicer and collect the juice in a bowl.
- After that, add the celery stalks into the juicer and mix the juice well with a spoon.
- Serve chilled immediately and enjoy!
Method 6: Carrot And Beetroot Juice
- You can take at least 5 carrots and wash them.
- Now take at least1 beetroot and wash them.
- After washing it, cut the head and tail and clean it with water then cut it into 1-inch pieces.
- Now, you need to dice the carrots into 1-inch pieces and a clean 1-inch piece of ginger.
- You have to add them all to a blender and add some water to make the mixture moist.
- After that, blend it well after that strain it through a strainer.
- Now transfer it into the glass and serve chilled, add cardamom powder or 2 crushed cardamoms for extra flavor.
Carrot juice resolves underlying nutrition deficiency that may lead to overeating as it brims with such nutrient goodness that helps to become slim and enhances the beauty of the skin. It works best for curing the compromised digestive system as well. Thus, all the fibers will break down, and the intestines slog less to release all the vital nutrients. Also helps the digestive tract to absorb nutrients, and improves the ease of digestion.
If you drink on a regular basis then, it will increase immunity, energy levels, and good digestive health but remember that carrot juice should not be the primary vegetables in your diet as it contains less dietary fiber and due to the high levels of beta-carotene intake it can cause yellowish skin color. Also, there is a potential risk of developing vitamin A toxicity. So thanks for reading the guide.